Patronage and equity are key benefits for owners of CHS and the cooperative system. CHS is committed to distributing patronage and redeeming equity for its owners while maintaining a strong balance sheet so it can continue to provide owners with the goods, services and supply chain capabilities required for long-term success.
Following the close of fiscal 2018, the CHS Board of Directors has announced the following patronage and equity distribution decisions:
- As in previous years, 10 percent of fiscal 2018 patronage-based earnings will be designated to the unallocated reserve to continue building balance sheet strength.
- CHS will return $150 million to its owners in cash patronage and equity redemptions.
- Both cash patronage and non-qualified equity redemption are targeted for payment in February 2019.
- Additional fiscal 2018 patronage will be distributed as qualified cash patronage and non-qualified equity certificates. Those amounts will be set when year-end financial reports are filed in November.
- CHS will pass $150 million in DPAD (domestic production activities deduction) benefits to eligible owners before Dec. 31, 2018.
If you have questions, please contact CHS Patron Equities at 1-800-328-6539 or email@example.com.
If you’d like to receive regular corporate news from CHS Inc., you can sign up for the Connected e-newsletter here.